I got asked by one of my best friends “what made you change your style a few years back from Luchadoras to surreal forms?” The hoest answer how so many reasons. Some I’m still figuring out.
- No place public to hang them
- people love them but are nervous about having nude paintings.
- I got bored not painting faces detailed.
- a critic hurt my feelings.
- a lot of critics hurt my feelings.
- I didn’t expect it to last forever doing the same thing over and over again.
- I wanted to change.
It’s so strange to recognize in my sleepy mind why things happened. But I guess that is how looking backwards works? You see past the hurt and the bullshit at some point and that raft floating in the bathtub is truth.
I don’t know as my star rises that I will follow any rules of respectability. I feel like I will make a space to do what ever I want and the show what ever I come up with. I’ll put out books and paintings and paint walls of things I have never come across in my mind until then. I hope you will still be arond in that journey.
the sleeping world happens at all hours.
A link to pick up some of my prints, paintings, and other merchandise.
I find it easier to pull myself outside of my worries on Sundays by being outside at the local farmer’s market. The smells of fresh foods is a pick me up.